Find our match highlights on the below You Tube Video.

This week we returned to League action as we travelled to Grant Park in Tain to face St Duthus FC in what was the second meeting of the clubs this campaign.

Bonar started the game on the attacking foot with an early chance through Kevin Cairns hitting the post from long range inside 10 minutes. St Duthus then come into the game and looked more aggressive and hungrier, and this showed as they look the lead on the 13th minute through Aaron Skinner after the Bonar defence were slow to react to a cross in.

Bonar had a chance soon after to equalise with Kevin Cairns forcing a brilliant save from John Allan to keep St Duthus ahead. Bonar also had a number of free kicks in the first half but failed to capitalise on any as the first half finished 1-0 to the home team.

The second half started with both teams evenly matched with few chances created. Unfortunately for Bonar attacking play was breaking down and weren’t our usual selves on the day which was disappointing. We had a couple of chances later in the half through Bruce Urquhart getting a good strike away but never managed to trouble St Duthus much in the second half.

St Duthus then got there second goal after they were awarded a penalty kick by Referee, Colin Macdonald, on the 81st minute which was put home by Finn Chainey to give St Duthus a 2-0 lead. Bonar’s misery was complete when Scott Macdonald made it 3-0 on the 87th minute with a low shot from the edge of the box.

The game finished with one final chance for Bonar from a corner kick in added time but unfortunately Jack Traynor’s header went over the bar.

Our Man of the Match for the game was Daniel Hutchinson who was solid throughout as he continues his good form in recent games.

A Day to forget for Bonar Bridge who will need to bounce back and work hard to get back to winning ways as we look forward to facing Thurso FC at home in the next Game. Thanks to St Duthus for the game & all the best for the season.

Scroll to Top